3 hrs 4 mins
Make these as spicy as desired by adjusting the cayenne peppe, you may use your own favorite seasoning for the breading mixture --- plan ahead the chicken needs to marinate for 3-4 hours, I have listed oven-baking instructions on the bottom of the recipe -- if you are making these for a small crowd I strongly suggest to double the recipe these will be gone in a flash they are so good, serve with honey mustard dipping sauce :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -7 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups oil (for frying)
- 1Slice the chicken breasts into about 3/4-inch strips (or as desired).
- 2In a large bowl combine the buttermilk with egg and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 3Place the chicken strips into the buttermilk mixture; using cleans hands toss to coat in the milk mixture.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours (tossing the chicken strips a few times during chilling time).
- 5Prepare a baking sheet or a couple of large plates to place the coated chicken fingers on.
- 6For the breading in a large resealable heavy plastic bag (or a shallow bowl) combine the flour with all the remaining ingredients.
- 7Remove the chicken strips and discard the buttermilk allowing any excess to drip off.
- 8Place the strips into the flour mixture mixture and toss to coat completely.
- 9Place the coated strips onto the baking sheet or plate (have all the strips coated before you begin frying, for extra crispness you may double dip in the coating before frying if desired).
- 10Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 375 degrees F.
- 11Place the chicken fingers in hot oil a few at a time and fry until golden brown and the juices run clear.
- 12Place on a rack or a heavy brown paper bag to drain then lightly sprinkle with more seasoning salt if desired (do not use a paper towel or the coating will become soggy).
- 13TO OVEN-BAKE; place the coated chicken fingers on a greased baking sheet, bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Restaurant-Style Fried Chicken Fingers (Oven-Baked Option)
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1593.0
- Calories from Fat 1342
- Total Fat 149.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.3 mg
- Sodium 324.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning