1/1 Photo of Roll Kuchen (From the Mennonite Treasury of Recipes)
* Pamela *'s Note:
Oh, the memories of this recipe! This is a favourite Mennonite Tradition for a summer meal. This is my mom's favourite recipe for Roll Kuchen. I remember fondly the time my parent's spent making this and how they doubled and tripled the recipe for family gatherings. To non-Mennonites the idea of having these with watermelon strikes them as very strange--Watermelon and doughnuts??!!?? But for me and my family it is a food that we enjoy and look forward to having! Cook time is per batch of 4-6 roll kuchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs well.
- 2Put into a 1 cup measuring cup and fill with milk. (This may end up being more or less than the 3/4 cup listed in the ingredients.)
- 3Add to remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- 4Roll out very thin and cut into strips.
- 5Cut again so that pieces are approximately 1 inch long by 3 inches wide.
- 6Cut a slit in the middle and pull one end through to knot it.
- 7Fry four to six at a time, in deep hot fat until golden brown.
- 8Serve with Watermelon!
- 9A Mennonite summer tradition!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roll Kuchen (From the Mennonite Treasury of Recipes)
Serving Size: 1 (760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2242.3
- Calories from Fat 804
- Total Fat 89.4 g
- Saturated Fat 51.6 g
- Cholesterol 631.8 mg
- Sodium 5741.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 296.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 58.0 g