1/1 Photo of Roll Kuchen (not crispy version)
* Pamela *'s Note:
Although I grew up eating crispy Roll Kuchen, I have been making this version and it has become my new favourite. The finished product is very soft and tastes delicious dipped in corn syrup. (Something my mom never let us do while growing up!!) If you prefer a crispy Roll Kuchen check out my other recipe which I have also posted. This recipe will feed my family twice. I will always freeze half and then I am ready for a quick meal or snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together to form a dough.
- 2(This dough works best if you chill it for an hour or so).
- 3Roll out on floured surface and cut into strips with a knife or pizza cutter.
- 4Cut each strip into rectangles.
- 5Cut a small slit in each rectangle and pull one end through to form a twisted shape.
- 6Fry in hot lard, in small batches (5 or 6 at a time), until golden on each side.
- 7It is hot enough when the dough rises immediately to the surface.
- 8Serve with watermelon.
- 9These freeze well.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roll Kuchen (not crispy version)
Serving Size: 1 (1713 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5373.6
- Calories from Fat 2450
- Total Fat 272.2 g
- Saturated Fat 158.2 g
- Cholesterol 1995.2 mg
- Sodium 2933.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 594.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 129.5 g