1/1 Photo of Rosemary-Scented, Extra-Crispy Fried Chicken
4 hrs 10 mins
Pretty much everyone loves fried chicken, in this recipe from Tuscany the chicken is marinated in a rosemary, sage and garlic mixture before it gets fried. To learn how to get an extra-crispy and flaky crust look at the video I posted at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMWdyD9Plr4
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Skin the chicken (optional) and cut it into small serving pieces using a heavy cleaver. Disjoint wings, thighs and drumsticks. Trim wing tips. Halve thighs and drumsticks. Seperate breasts from back and split breasts in half. Cut each half into 4-5 pieces (depending on size). Place all chicken pieces in a large bowl.
- 2Prepare the marinade. Mince the rosemary, sage and garlic and add to the chicken pieces. Add the eggs, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 3Mix well, rubbing the chicken with the marinade. Let stand in the refridgerator for 4-6 hours.
- 4Place flour on a tray. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour. When the chicken pieces are completely coated with flour, squeeze the chicken pieces so as to press the flour up against them. You will have a lot of flour left over.
- 5Heat the peanut oil in a deep fryer. The oil will have reached the right temperature when you place a small piece of bread in the oil and it sizzles immediately upon contact. Or when a thermometer reads 350°F.
- 6Fry the chicken pieces in two batches. Do not overcrowd the fryer. In about 10 minutes the chicken pieces should be ready. Do not overcook the chicken or it will lose its moistness.
- 7Take the chicken out of the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt.
- 8Serve the chicken with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary-Scented, Extra-Crispy Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4910.1
- Calories from Fat 4437
- Total Fat 493.1 g
- Saturated Fat 89.5 g
- Cholesterol 348.1 mg
- Sodium 2019.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 73.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: