1/1 Photo of Rosquillas (Spanish Doughnuts)
Susie T's Note:
This is an age old recipe. I usually make these for Christmas time but they can be eaten any time of the year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a deep pan and add rind of 2 lemons.
- 2Cook until browned.
- 3Place aniseeds in a small sieve and fry in the same oil.
- 4Set aside and drain.
- 5Allow oil to cool.
- 6Whisk eggs until creamy and fluffy.
- 7Slowly add sugar, lemon rind and aniseeds, liquor.
- 8Take four tablespoons of the oil used to fry lemon rind and aniseeds and add to mixture.
- 9Add flour and baking powder bit by bit, mixing well each time to make a dough.
- 10Knead dough on a floured surface and make donut shapes by taking a large spoonful of dough and rolling it between hands and joining well to make donut shape.
- 11Heat the oil again and fry doughnuts until browned.
- 12Drain and roll in sugar.
- 13Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosquillas (Spanish Doughnuts)
Serving Size: 1 (1777 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 69.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of