1/1 Photo of Salmon Croquettes
This is my mother-in-law's recipe for croquettes. Whenever I make these, my husband can't get enough of them! They can be made with whatever you have on hand, tuna, ham, fish, chicken, or vegetables, spinach, carrots, zucchini--anything you can find in the pantry basically!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large frypan, heat butter over medium high heat, and sauté onion and garlic powder.
- 2Add salmon, season with salt and pepper (you may wish to add dill) and heat through.
- 3Add flour and stir well.
- 4Add milk gradually stirring constantly until mixture thickens and forms a ball.
- 5Remove mixture to plate and allow to cool completely (this may be done the day before, and the mixture placed in the refrigerator--it's easier to work with this way).
- 6Form into oval shaped croquettes, dip in egg and dredge in bread crumbs.
- 7Deep fry in hot oil, and drain on paper towels.
- 8This recipe can be made with practically anything, fish, chicken, ham, vegetables (spinach is lovely).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.8
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 123.7 mg
- Sodium 477.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 20.8 g