Tender chicken on bamboo skewers with a peanut sauce dip makes for an attractive and excellent tasting starter. This Recipe works equally well with pork or beef.
- Also need 24 8 inch Bamboo Skewers.
- Cut the chicken breast into 1/4 inch chunks (3 for each skewer).
- Chop the coriander root, kaffir lime leaves and the lemongrass.
- Marinade the chicken with all the ingredients for at least one hour.
- Thread meat onto bamboo skewers.
- Satay will taste best when cooked over charcoal grill.
- During cooking, use a small basting brush with coconut milk, turn stick several times until meat looks brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot with peanut sauce.
Went over well. I made a few substutions on things and it turned out great.