Great and different appetizer.
Make and share this Sauerkaut Balls recipe from Food.com.
- Fry sausage and onion, breaking into small pieces, until sausage is brown; drain.
- Drain sauerkraut and squeeze dry.
- Add to sausage mixture with 1/4 cup bread crumbs, the cream cheese, parsley, mustard, garlic salt and pepper.
- Mix well and chill overnight.
- Place flour for coating balls in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Place eggs and 2 tablespoons of water in another shallow bowl, beating lightly to combine.
- Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Shape sauerkraut mixture into small balls.
- Roll in flour, then in egg mixture, then in bread crumbs.
- Fry balls, a few at time, in deep fat heated to 375°F until brown.
- Drain on paper towel, then transfer all of them to baking sheet with sides and bake in 375°F oven for 15/20 minutes.
Tender and spicy and rich and crunchy - these are good! I halved the recipe, and used a clove of garlic, sauteed with the onion, instead of garlic salt. I made no changes other than that. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
Having a party, are we? You turned sauerkraut into amazeballs.