1/1 Photo of Sauerkaut Balls
Terry Caldwell1's Note:
Great and different appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry sausage and onion, breaking into small pieces, until sausage is brown; drain.
- 2Drain sauerkraut and squeeze dry.
- 3Add to sausage mixture with 1/4 cup bread crumbs, the cream cheese, parsley, mustard, garlic salt and pepper.
- 4Mix well and chill overnight.
- 5Place flour for coating balls in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- 6Place eggs and 2 tablespoons of water in another shallow bowl, beating lightly to combine.
- 7Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- 8Shape sauerkraut mixture into small balls.
- 9Roll in flour, then in egg mixture, then in bread crumbs.
- 10Fry balls, a few at time, in deep fat heated to 375°F until brown.
- 11Drain on paper towel, then transfer all of them to baking sheet with sides and bake in 375°F oven for 15/20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkaut Balls
Serving Size: 1 (1738 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.3
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 167.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g