Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious chunks of seafood cooked at the table and dipped into sauces.
Make and share this Seafood Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb salmon steak, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lb halibut steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- oil (for frying, approx 2 c)
Seafood Cocktail sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped or pureed chutney
- Cut salmon and halibut into 3/4" pieces, discarding skin and bones.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rince scallops to remove any grit.
- If large, cut in half.
- Arrange fish and shellfish on a large serving platter.
- Mix the sauces and spoon into small serving bowls.
- Heat oil in a fondue pot over an alcohol burner until it starts to bubble.
- Each guest will spear pieces of seafood unto a fondue fork and cook in the hot oil, then dip in a sauce or sprinkle with lemon juice.
- The salmon and halibut pieces take about 2 minutes, the scallop and shrimp about 3 minutes.