1/5 Photos of Secret Ingredient Best Juicy Fried Chicken
The chicken soup and cornstarch is the secret ingredient to this delicious mouth watering juicy fried chicken, if desired you may brown the chicken pieces firstly in a little oil then finish cooking in the oven, don't bother using a different flavor of condensed soup it will not be good, this also works well using skin on chicken thighs or drumsticks, it's best to use all the same so the chicken will cook at the same time, there is enough batter for 6 large skin on chicken thighs --- plan slightly ahead as the coated chicken needs to sit at room temperature until it becomes doughy --- this is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can use 6 large skin-on chicken thighs or 3 chicken thighs and 3 drumsticks)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (no substitutes, use only cream of chicken condensed soup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (no more as the canned soup is salty enough)
- 10 tablespoons all-purpose flour (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 10 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste, adjust to suit heat level) (optional)
- 1In a shallow dish or bowl combine egg with soup and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt; mix until thoroughly combined.
- 2Add the chicken pieces and using your clean hands toss to coat completely; set aside or you may refrigerate until ready to finish making the recipe.
- 3In a medium bowl mix together flour with cornstarch, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, paprika, 1 teaspoon seasoned salt and black pepper.
- 4Working with one piece of chicken at a time, place the soup-coated chicken into the flour mixture and toss to coat completely.
- 5Add more flour and/or cornstarch if necessary adding them in equal parts (there should be an equal amount of each in the mixture, if you add in 2 tablespoons flour you must add in 2 tablespoons cornstarch with the flour).
- 6Place the coated chicken on a rack and allow to sit until it becomes doughy (THIS IS A CRUCIAL STEP to ensure crispiness when fried).
- 7Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat (be certain to use enough oil to cover the chicken pieces).
- 8Once the chicken is doughy test oil by dropping in a piece of the "dough" into it the oil is ready when it stars to fry immediately.
- 9Fry chicken pieces in oil for about 10 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- 10Drain on a rack.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Secret Ingredient Best Juicy Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 165.8 mg
- Sodium 761.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 43.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: