1/1 Photo of Shalini Sarda's Crispy Golden Fingers
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was submitted by Shalini Sarda and was published in yesterday's issue of Thursday. It's the winning recipe for this week! The main ingredient here is split green gram dal which is my most favourite lentil of late;) I'll be giving this a try once I get back into the kitchen:) This looks very promising to me and is a good appetiser for a party or get together as well. Plus, it's high in proteins since the main ingredient here is a lentil:) Nice way to sneak protein into the diet!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the gram dal for 3-4 hours in plenty of water.
- 2Grind it to a paste in a grinder, adding a little water at a time.
- 3Likewise, prepare a paste of ginger and green chillies, adding a little water at a time.
- 4Keep both the pastes aside.
- 5Then, boil the potatoes in a pot. Drain out the water.
- 6Cut the potatoes into very small pieces.
- 7Keep aside.
- 8Mix the red chilli powder, black pepper powder, boiled potatoes and salt into the gram dal paste.
- 9Take a muslin cloth.
- 10Tighten it around a small bowl.
- 11Hold the cloth tightly at the base of the bowl.
- 12Put a little of the gram dal mixture on the muslin cloth tied on the bowl, so that the excess water is drained off from the mixture into the bowl and the mixture gets a circular shape.
- 13Now heat oil in a wok.
- 14Fry this little circular shaped patties mixture in the oil.
- 15Allow it to cool.
- 16Cut into fingers.
- 17Just before serving, deep fry the fingers so that they are golden brown in colour.
- 18Drain excess oil on clean kitchen paper napkins.
- 19Serve with green corriander chutney or tomato sauce or sweetened tamarind sauce.
- 20ENJOY a MEMORABLE snack!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shalini Sarda's Crispy Golden Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: