1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Rice Croquettes
An old Southern recipe posted in response to a recipe request. From the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947. Cooking time is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice in rapidly boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2Drain thoroughly and add butter while rice is still hot.
- 3Cool slightly; add shrimp and two eggs.
- 4Season to taste and roll into balls or cylinders.
- 5Dip in cracker crumbs, then into beaten egg, and again into crumbs.
- 6Heat oil or fat to 375F and fry until brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Rice Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 36.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: