Karen From Colorado's Note:
I think I got this recipe and others I have posted from the back of a package of egg roll wrappers. They keep nicely in the freezer for up to a month (thaw completely before frying) and for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together shrimp, cornstarch and sherry.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok or skillet until hot.
- 3Add shrimp mixture and stir-fry until pink.
- 4Remove from wok.
- 5Add more oil if necessary.
- 6Add bean sprouts, mushrooms and shallots.
- 7Stir-fry 1 minute.
- 8Remove from wok.
- 9Add a little more oil.
- 10Stir-fry celery and garlic for 2 minutes.
- 11Add shrimp and bean sprout mixture to wok.
- 12Toss to mix well.
- 13Transfer to colander to drain and cool for 15 minutes.
- 14Egg roll filling directions---------------------.
- 15Make a sealer for folding egg roll by stirring together 1 Tbsp flour and 2 Tbsp water.
- 16Keep egg roll wrappers under a damp towel to keep them moist as your filling egg rolls.
- 17Place 1 egg roll wrapper with 1 corner facing you.
- 18Place 3 tablespoons of filling on the center of the wrapper.
- 19Fold bottom corner over filling.
- 20Moisten left and right corners with the sealer.
- 21Fold them to the center, over filling sealing them to the bottom corner.
- 22Brush sealer onto the top corner edges.
- 23Roll egg roll up away from you enclosing filling tightly.
- 24Press top corner onto egg roll to seal (like an envelope).
- 25Repeat for each egg roll.
- 26To fry egg roll, pour oil 3 inches deep into wok or Dutch oven.
- 27Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- 28Fry egg rolls 3 or 4 at a time, turning once, until brown.
- 29Drain on paper towel.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1056 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 209.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: