birdie #3 (andrea)'s Note:
These egg rolls are so easy. They taste great. Once you eat these you just may not ever want store-bought or restaurant egg rolls ever again. These are the best egg rolls I have ever had. Hope you like! I normally use Azumaya or Nasoya brand egg roll wrappers. They work and taste great. This recipe goes great with Sweet and Sour Sauce (For Dipping Egg Rolls and More). I have also used apricot jelly in place of pineapple preserves for that recipe since I can never seem to find pineapple preserves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb shrimp (cleaned, tail-off, chopped)
- 20 egg roll wraps
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1/4 lb bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup carrot (shredded, chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh, grated)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2 cups canola oil or 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1Cook shrimp and ginger in a lightly greased pan over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- 2Add cabbage, bean sprouts, carrot, green onions and cook till no longer firm, especially making sure that the carrot is soft.
- 3Add oyster sauce.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Add oil to wok.
- 6Preheat wok to 350°F.
- 7Add desired amount of filling into each egg roll wrapper. Follow directions on package for the folding technique.
- 8Mix together cornstarch and water to make a paste and use to seal the egg rolls.
- 9Deep fry 2-3 minutes, turning until golden and crisp.
- 10Let drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Egg Rolls (Simple and Fast)
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.6
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 858.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 15.1 g