Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These egg rolls are so easy. They taste great. Once you eat these you just may not ever want store-bought or restaurant egg rolls ever again. These are the best egg rolls I have ever had. Hope you like! I normally use Azumaya or Nasoya brand egg roll wrappers. They work and taste great. This recipe goes great with Sweet and Sour Sauce (For Dipping Egg Rolls and More). I have also used apricot jelly in place of pineapple preserves for that recipe since I can never seem to find pineapple preserves.
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp (cleaned, tail-off, chopped)
- 20 egg roll wraps
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1⁄4 lb bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (shredded, chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh, grated)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon water
- 2 cups canola oil or 2 cups vegetable oil
- Cook shrimp and ginger in a lightly greased pan over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage, bean sprouts, carrot, green onions and cook till no longer firm, especially making sure that the carrot is soft.
- Add oyster sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Add oil to wok.
- Preheat wok to 350°F.
- Add desired amount of filling into each egg roll wrapper. Follow directions on package for the folding technique.
- Mix together cornstarch and water to make a paste and use to seal the egg rolls.
- Deep fry 2-3 minutes, turning until golden and crisp.
- Let drain on paper towels.