1/1 Photo of Smažený Sýr (Fried Cheese)
Jakub P.'s Note:
One of the most loved dish in the Czech Republic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the begining its good to wash the cheese so the flour would stick on the cheese better when dipping.
- 2Now take three plates and put flour into one of them, egg and a little bit of milk (just to make it more smooth) and a hint of salt to the second one and the breadcrubs to the third one.
- 3(you need to mix the egg with milk with a fork so you cant see the yolk, egg white and milk but a kind of orange liquid)
- 4Dip cheese slices into flour to form a light coating on all surfaces.
- 5Dip each slice into lightly beaten egg and coat completely.
- 6Dip each slice into breadcrumbs and coat completely, pat crumbs onto any areas that are not coated.
- 7If needed repeat the point 4. and 5.- tastes better.
- 8Pour oil into deep frying pan to a depth of 1/2 inch. Heat to 375 degrees F.
- 9Carefully place slices in pan and fry on one side until golden-brown.
- 10Turn and fry on the other side until golden brown. Pay attention so the cheese doesnt get out from the "coat"!
- 11Serve with french fries and tatar sauce/ketchup.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smažený Sýr (Fried Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.8
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 861.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: