Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love crab rangoon ... who doesn't?...But my boyfriend is allergic to shellfish so he has never been able to try them. I had some leftover eggroll wrappers, so I put this together... he loved them! So did I even though I hate salmon. The filling also is great as a spread for crackers or toasted pita triangles. I didn't measure, so measurements are estimated... just taste as you go .
- 1 (3 ounce) package smoked salmon (in a pouch found in the tuna section)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar, scant
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 6 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg
- peanut oil (for frying)
- Stir softened cream cheese, I soften mine by putting it in a glass bowl and microwaving it for about a minute at 50% power.
- Stir in crumbled salmon, scallions, lemon juice, sugar, onion and garlic powders and worcestershire sauce.
- set aside.
- Cut egg roll wrappers into quarters, so you end up with 24 squares.
- Mix egg with 1 tsp water in a small bowl.
- Put about 3/4 tsp salmon filling into the center of each square.
- Brush edges with egg mixture.
- Pinch and seal edges of egg roll wrapper around filling sealing tightly and making sure that all air is pushed out. You can make them fancy by bringing all four corners up together and sealing the seams, but it's easier to just fold the wrapper in half, corner to corner to make a triangle -- they are less likely to burst when frying.
- Place finished rangoons in the freezer so that the cheese can firm up -- at least 30 monutes.
- Deep fry for ubtil golden brown in 350 degree oil.
- Drain on papaer towels.