Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
CopyKat.com, Very good onion ring.
Make and share this Sonic Onion Rings recipe from Food.com.
- 2 vidalia onions
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 4 cups Crisco cooking oil (or enough for your personal fryer)
- 2 quarts ice water, divided
- Slice onions 1/2 inch thick.
- Place rings into bowl of ice water.
- Take out rings one at a time and coat with flour.
- Gently dip ring into 2nd bowl of ice water, and then coat with corn meal.
- Drop into hot oil and fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
My mom used to work at Sonic as a car hop. She has the recipe and makes it at home; those onion rings taste just like Sonic. I can tell you that this is not the recipe they use at Sonic, although a small part of it is correct. I didn't put any stars b/c I had not tried this recipe, I just know it's not the same.
Not a good recipe at all. These taste nothing like Sonic....
After you flour the onion ring and then dip again in the water, does the flour stick?