Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Sift dry ingredients, stir into liquid, roll out and cut with regular donut cutter.
- Then heat some oil in a deep fryer to 390 degrees F and fry.
- Just before serving dust with powdered or cinnamon sugar.
- These doughnuts are virtually greasless.
- And if you want you can make several batches at a time and freeze.
- They keep well and to me taste after a while in the freezer.
- Take out as many as needed and thaw and put sugar on or eat plain.
This has become my # one go doughnut recipe ! My mom use to make one similar, but has long since lost the recipe, and she says she doesn't remember using a starter, if her memory holds true, she says. But for me you gave some good memories to recollect! Thanks
Hi Unknown, I was looking for some S/D recipes as April is S/D month and I came across your wonderful recipe. These doughnuts are much better than ordinary ones much crispier and the nutmeg and cinnamon gives them a very nice taste. thank you for a keeper I will be using this recipe when I have some S/D to discard it's better that going on the compost heap. Made for sourdough month April 2009