Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a Zaar recipe that I adopted.
Make and share this Southern Fried Catfish recipe from Food.com.
- 8 (5 ounce) catfish fillets, skin removed
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- oil, for frying
- Heat a fryer or a deep pot halfway filled with oil to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle both sides of each catfish with salt and Old Bay seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and the cornmeal.
- Dredge the catfish in the flour mixture and place in fryer.
- Deep fry for approximately 7 to 8 minutes until done.
- Drain on paper towels.
This is the same as one Paula Deen featured on Food TV.
Just like good old home cooking :o) Thanks