1/4 Photos of Southern Fried Catfish Nuggets
Jessica K's Note:
This is the only way I've ever had catfish. I can't stand to eat it fried in restaurants, it tastes muddy to me, but I can eat it this way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put oil in a skillet until it is halfway up or you can use a deep fryer, a deep fryer is actually best for these. Heat until hot or if using skillet use medium high heat.
- 2In a large bowl beat egg with a fork, add buttermilk to it. Beat again to incorporate.
- 3In another big bowl put cornmeal and seasonings to taste.
- 4Rinse nuggets and dip into milk mixture, depending on how many you have you could probably fit them all in at one time.
- 5Take a few out of the milk and dip in to the cornmeal, roll around to get it coated good, then put into oil.
- 6If using skillet put them in until skillet is full. fry 3 minutes, turn and fry another 2-3 minutes. If using a deep fryer fry 5 minutes, about halfway through stir them around to break up any that might have clumped together. They are done when golden brown and flake easily with a fork.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Fried Catfish Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.5
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.0 mg
- Sodium 231.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 24.2 g