1/2 Photos of Southern Fried Chicken
1 hr 35 mins
An unusual way to prepare Southern Fried Chicken -very tasty! Recipe from Southern Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken in a large bowl and add water to cover.
- 2Add vinegar and 1/4 c salt and let stand 30 minutes, then drain well.
- 3Stir together flour and next 6 ingredients.
- 4Dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- 5Pour oil to a depth of 2" into a Dutch oven and heat to 350 degrees.
- 6Fry chicken in batches, 9 to 10 minutes on each side or until done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 4242.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: