1 hr 20 mins
The use of Hot Sauce without the "hot" taste. It just adds flavor and a wonderful crisp
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set your deep fryer to about 350 degrees and add peanut oil Clean chicken, season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and set aside in the fridge to let the seasonings seek in (about 30 minutes to 1 hour or longer if you prefer).
- 2Beat 3 eggs and add half bottle of hot sauce (or more- REMEMBER THIS ISN'T GOING TO MAKE THE CHICKEN HOT it just adds flavor I promise, my 3-year old loved it!) to the eggs.
- 3Dip chicken in egg mixture then into seasoned flour.
- 4Repeat for all the chicken.
- 5Add appropriate amount of chicken in hot oil (try to cook dark pieces first since they take longer to cook).
- 6When chicken starts to float, it's ready.
- 7Repeat for remaining chicken if there is some still remaining to be cooked.
- 9Wonderful anytime of the year.
- 10But in the summer, serve with any cold pasta salads and corn on the cob.
- 11Simply delicious!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Fried Chicken Comes to the North
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2540.3
- Calories from Fat 2093
- Total Fat 232.6 g
- Saturated Fat 39.8 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 6096.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
skinless chicken pieces