Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
The use of Hot Sauce without the "hot" taste. It just adds flavor and a wonderful crisp
Make and share this Southern Fried Chicken Comes to the North recipe from Food.com.
- 10 pieces skinless chicken pieces, cut up (or with skin if you prefer, as much as you want to cook)
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle hot sauce
- 3 large eggs (depending on the amount of chicken)
- garlic powder
- 4 cups seasoned flour (or your own flour mixture)
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle peanut oil
- Set your deep fryer to about 350 degrees and add peanut oil Clean chicken, season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and set aside in the fridge to let the seasonings seek in (about 30 minutes to 1 hour or longer if you prefer).
- Beat 3 eggs and add half bottle of hot sauce (or more- REMEMBER THIS ISN'T GOING TO MAKE THE CHICKEN HOT it just adds flavor I promise, my 3-year old loved it!) to the eggs.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture then into seasoned flour.
- Repeat for all the chicken.
- Add appropriate amount of chicken in hot oil (try to cook dark pieces first since they take longer to cook).
- When chicken starts to float, it's ready.
- Repeat for remaining chicken if there is some still remaining to be cooked.
- Wonderful anytime of the year.
- But in the summer, serve with any cold pasta salads and corn on the cob.
- Simply delicious!
I make this all the time, I got the same recipe from a TV show, but is a GREAT tasting chicken, crispy , juicy and tasty. Glittergirl