This is a recipe I invented to satisfy our craving for a similar salad in a local restaurant. My family loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the chicken breasts with Essence, drizzle with olive oil and grill or bake until done.
- 2You can also substitute fajita seasoned sliced chicken breasts strips here.
- 3Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- 4Toss the lettuce with your other salad"stuff".
- 5Slice the corn tortillas into thin strips and deep fry until crisp.
- 6If you stop short of crisp, the tortillas will be tough.
- 7Test one and if this is the case, just refry til crisp.
- 8Drain on paper towels.
- 9Divide the tortillas into four equal portions and place on individual plates (I use deep pasta bowels).
- 10Place the lettuce mix on top of the tortilla strips and put an equal portion of chicken breast on each.
- 11Mix together the Ranch Dressing and salsa 1:1.
- 12Pour this over each salad and sprinkle cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.0
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 112.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: