This is a recipe I invented to satisfy our craving for a similar salad in a local restaurant. My family loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the chicken breasts with Essence, drizzle with olive oil and grill or bake until done.
- 2You can also substitute fajita seasoned sliced chicken breasts strips here.
- 3Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- 4Toss the lettuce with your other salad"stuff".
- 5Slice the corn tortillas into thin strips and deep fry until crisp.
- 6If you stop short of crisp, the tortillas will be tough.
- 7Test one and if this is the case, just refry til crisp.
- 8Drain on paper towels.
- 9Divide the tortillas into four equal portions and place on individual plates (I use deep pasta bowels).
- 10Place the lettuce mix on top of the tortilla strips and put an equal portion of chicken breast on each.
- 11Mix together the Ranch Dressing and salsa 1:1.
- 12Pour this over each salad and sprinkle cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.0
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 112.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: