William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe is from WOK WITH YAN (Chef Stephen Yan). His Television Shows were watched by many throughout Canada and the United States. As one person from Burlington VT, stated: "I watch your show so often that I am becoming a wok-a-holic."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN
- 1/2 roasting chickens or 4 chicken legs
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning or 1 teaspoon msg
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wine
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 2 only green onions, cut to 2 inch lengths
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 medium dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and cut in half
- 1Cut chicken into pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- 2In a small bowl, mix together Accent, 2 tablespoons light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine and 1/8 teaspoon of sesame seed oil.
- 3Pour mixture over chicken, and mix to coat well.
- 4Let marinate for 1 hour.
- 5Heat WOK to medium-high, add peanut oil.
- 6Add chicken pieces and deep fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is light brown, stirring often.
- 7Remove chicken from Wok and set aside.
- 8Remove peanut oil from Wok into a container and reserve.
- 9Re-heat Wok to medium-high and add 2 tablespoons of reserved peanut oil.
- 10Add green onions, garlic and ginger and brown, stirring continuously.
- 11Return chicken to Wok and stir well with mixture.
- 12Add drained mushrooms and prepared sauce (see SAUCE below).
- 13Cover Wok with lid and simmer for 15 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 14Remove chicken from Wok and cut into smaller chunks if desired.
- 15Display chicken on a platter.
- 16Pour sauce over chicken.
- 17Serve with cooked rice.
- 18SAUCE: In a mixing bowl, whisk together dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, Accent, Chinese cooking wine, sesame seed oil and water.
- 19Use as noted above.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soy Sauce Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.4
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 2059.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: