1/3 Photos of Spicy Jalapeno Envelopes
Delicious and addictive little appetizers. Very easy and impressive. Use more jalapeño if you want more of a kick!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium finely diced and de-seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- oil (for frying)
- 1Pulse corn in a food processor or blender until chopped but not mushy.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix corn, cilantro, garlic and jalapeño pepper.
- 3Stir in chili powder and mix thoroughly.
- 4Add cream cheese and shredded cheese and mix until well blended.
- 5Place heaping teaspoonful of cheese mixture in center of egg roll, folding it up envelope style as directed on egg roll package, moistening edges with cornstarch and water mixture making sure it is well sealed.
- 6Continue until mixture is all used.
- 7Heat oil in pan to 350°F.
- 8Carefully drop egg rolls into oil and fry until golden brown, turning once (approx 3-5 min).
- 9Serve with guacamole or sour cream.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Jalapeno Envelopes
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 283.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g