Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Delicious and addictive little appetizers. Very easy and impressive. Use more jalapeño if you want more of a kick!
- 2 medium finely diced and de-seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- oil (for frying)
- Pulse corn in a food processor or blender until chopped but not mushy.
- In a medium bowl, mix corn, cilantro, garlic and jalapeño pepper.
- Stir in chili powder and mix thoroughly.
- Add cream cheese and shredded cheese and mix until well blended.
- Place heaping teaspoonful of cheese mixture in center of egg roll, folding it up envelope style as directed on egg roll package, moistening edges with cornstarch and water mixture making sure it is well sealed.
- Continue until mixture is all used.
- Heat oil in pan to 350°F.
- Carefully drop egg rolls into oil and fry until golden brown, turning once (approx 3-5 min).
- Serve with guacamole or sour cream.
Made these for a party and they were a hit. The flavours work really well together to make a unique and enjoyble appetizer. thanks for sharing!
these are yummy and quick. i added black beans and would have missed them if they were there. will make again!
My hubby and I both enjoyed this guily pleasure. I think next time I will only use half the chili powder and double up the cream cheese. I served them up in a new way with some honey mixed with jalapeno jelly.