1 hr 15 mins
A wonderful tea-time snack from the Weekend magazine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 kg potato, washed,peeled,boiled and mashed
- 4 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup sago, soaked in water until it swells and then squeezed dry (sabudana)
- 1/2 lime, juice of
For the filling
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- 3 -4 green chilies, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon amchoor powder (dry mango powder) or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup channa dal, boiled (do not overboil, yellow lentils)
- oil, to fry
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, white bread, sago, lime juice and salt.
- 2Knead it well with your palms.
- 3Divide the mixture equally to shape into small balls.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Heat 1 tbsp.
- 6of oil in a frying pan.
- 7Add cumin and corriander seeds.
- 8Allow to splutter.
- 9Once they stop spluttering, add the green chillies, red chilli powder, salt, black pepper, amchoor or lime juice and mix well.
- 10Then mix in the corriander leaves.
- 11After 30 seconds, mix in the boiled chana dal and fry for 5-7 minutes.
- 12Keep aside to cool.
- 13Flatten each potato ball.
- 14Fill each ball with a little dal mixture.
- 15Flatten and shape the tikkis into round circular shapes.
- 16Heat oil in a wok.
- 17Deep fry all the tikkis, a little at a time, until golden brown on either side.
- 18Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- 19Serve hot with tomato ketchup or corriander mint chutney.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Mini Alu (potato) Tikkis for Diwali!
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: