These are savory fritters filled with pineapples, habanaro, chives, garlic, turmeric and are very addictive. Serve as an appetizer, top some grilled meats, seafood or a side to a salad. Diced red pepper mix along the pineapple would be very good in this as well.
- Blend first 9 ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth and well mixed.
- Place in a bowl and add pineapple chunks. Stir to coat.
- In a heavy pan heat a couple inches of oil. Oil will be ready when you drop a bit of batter in and it drops to bottom sizzles and rises to surface. At this point drop by spoonfuls and fry till browned taking a couple minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt and garnish chives.
- Good served hot, great room temperature and even better cold.
Thank you for sharing this tasty dish with us Miss Rita. I enjoyed the spicy pineapple fritters for lunch today. I will be having the rest tonight with dinner, my dh is going to love these. Made for ZWT7 for Witchin Kitchen.
We enjoyed the flavor of these fritters. I should have used a deep-fryer, but I used a cast iron skillet. I think I needed deeper oil for mine were more like 'cakes'. (i.e. pan-, cornbread-) I reduced the recipe to 2 servings and used a whole habanero, including a few seeds. These made a nice side dish for Island Chicken. I will try to think of a 'sauce' or 'dip', to go with these, so they could be a 'stand alone' appy! Thanks for sharing a delish recipe, Rita~!
What a terrific and easy recipe! Made our 4th of July get together. I did use jalepano instead of habanero. My family can take some spice, but not that much.