These are savory fritters filled with pineapples, habanaro, chives, garlic, turmeric and are very addictive. Serve as an appetizer, top some grilled meats, seafood or a side to a salad. Diced red pepper mix along the pineapple would be very good in this as well.
- Blend first 9 ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth and well mixed.
- Place in a bowl and add pineapple chunks. Stir to coat.
- In a heavy pan heat a couple inches of oil. Oil will be ready when you drop a bit of batter in and it drops to bottom sizzles and rises to surface. At this point drop by spoonfuls and fry till browned taking a couple minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt and garnish chives.
- Good served hot, great room temperature and even better cold.