From Oodles of Noodles by Emeril Lagasse,
Make and share this Spicy Shrimp and Scallops With Cellophane Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more, for frying
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce, Siracha
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bok choy, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine
- 8 ounces small shrimp, raw peeled and de-veined
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 1 ounce cellophane noodle (bean thread )
- Preheat oil in fryer to 360 degrees.
- In a wok, heat the oil over high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and pepper sauce, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the bell peppers, bok choy, and rice wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, scallops, and soy sauce, and cook until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add the green onions and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a hot fryer, add the cellophane noodles, and fry quickly until puffed and golden. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Top the seafood mixture with the noodles and serve immediately.