1/1 Photo of Spicy Sweet Potato Frites
Muffin Goddess's Note:
I was looking for something different to serve with cheeseburgers one night, and this is what I found (it's a Tanya Holland recipe from foodtv.com). The spice blend counters the sweetness of the fries rather nicely, I think. Prep time is primarily time needed to heat the oil sufficiently.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes (4 medium)
- 2 quarts vegetable oil or 2 quarts peanut oil, for frying
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch matchsticks.
- 2In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the spice blend and set aside.
- 3Heat oil to 300 degrees F.
- 4"Blanch"fries for 2 minutes and let cool.
- 5Bring oil up to 350 degrees F.
- 6Fry for 3 minutes, or until fries are brown and rise to the top.
- 7Sprinkle spice blend over hot fries and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sweet Potato Frites
Serving Size: 1 (666 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4052.0
- Calories from Fat 3925
- Total Fat 436.2 g
- Saturated Fat 56.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 562.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g