You can omit the chili if you don't like it hot. But it is actually tastier if it is hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind/pound anchovies,garlic,shallots and chili into paste.
- 2Deep fry cubed tofu until golden brown.
- 3Set aside on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- 4Deep fry tempeh until golden brown.
- 5Set aside on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- 6Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok.
- 7Fry the ground/pound ingredients for 1 minute over medium heat.
- 8Add kicap manis, salt and sugar.
- 9Stir until sugar and salt dissolve.
- 10Add fried tempeh and tofu.
- 11Stir until tempeh and tofu coated with sauce.
- 12Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Tempeh Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Tempeh and Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 601.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: