My husband makes these yummy fish cakes. They have a nice mild fish flavor, lots of spice and a fresh, crisp crunch from the green beans. My favorite fish cakes! (Updated with a few revisions on 4/18/07)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb white fish fillet (such as cod or 1 lb haddock)
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (such as "Thai Kitchen" brand)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, thinly sliced and chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1Finely chop fish (may use blender or food processor, or just good chopping skills).
- 2Add curry paste through lime juice. Process or mix with your hands until finely ground and blended.
- 3Using lightly floured hands, form about 12 small patties. Chill patties 2 hours or until firm (if you have time).
- 4Heat deep-frying pan over high heat, add oil and fry fish cakes a few at a time. Turning carefully until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- 5Serve alone, or will a cool sauce. I like sour cream. A cucumber relish would also be yummy.
Browse Our Top Whitefish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Thai Fish Cakes With Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 798.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste