Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another excellent recipe from the 'Thursday' magazine's Iftar special issue! I am yet to try these, but they sure sound incredibly good to my ears.
- 900 g green peas, boiled and mashed
- 400 g fresh spinach
- 1 potato, boiled and mashed
- 2 teaspoons green chilies, chopped
- 4 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chat masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saunf
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 -4 tablespoons cornflour
- oil, to fry
- Cook the spinach in an open pan without any water until wilted.
- Cool and puree the spinach in a blender.
- Mix the peas, potatoes and spinach in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch round discs.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Deep fry the kebabs till crisp and golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Arrange on a plate.
- Sprinkle additional chaat masala on it.
- Serve hot with corriander chutney.