1 hr 15 mins
Another excellent recipe from the 'Thursday' magazine's Iftar special issue! I am yet to try these, but they sure sound incredibly good to my ears.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 900 g green peas, boiled and mashed
- 400 g fresh spinach
- 1 potato, boiled and mashed
- 2 teaspoons green chilies, chopped
- 4 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon saunf
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 -4 tablespoons cornflour
- oil, to fry
- 1Cook the spinach in an open pan without any water until wilted.
- 2Cool and puree the spinach in a blender.
- 3Mix the peas, potatoes and spinach in a bowl.
- 4Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- 5Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 6Shape into 1 1/2 inch round discs.
- 7Heat oil in a wok.
- 8Deep fry the kebabs till crisp and golden brown on both sides.
- 9Drain on a paper towel.
- 10Arrange on a plate.
- 11Sprinkle additional chaat masala on it.
- 12Serve hot with corriander chutney.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Green pea Kebabs (Hara Kebabs)
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 126.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: