Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another Pillsbury recipe but it is from the Bake-Off 42, this year, in Orlando, 2006. It looks delicious and easy. Yummy!
- 9 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 3⁄4 cup progresso Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) jarmuir glen organic garden vegetable pasta sauce, heated through
- Remove spinach from pouch; place in colander.
- Rinse with warm water until thawed; drain well.
- Squeeze spinach dry with paper towel.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix egg, both cheeses, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, ground nutmeg, sour cream, oil and ricotta cheese until well blended.
- Add spinach to cheese mixture; mix well.
- Stir in flour, 1 cup at a time, until well blended.
- Fill 10" skillet half full with oil; heat over medium heat until candy/deep-fry thermometer reads 350F.(Or use deep fryer; add oil to fill line and heat to 350F).
- Meanwhile, place bread crumbs in small bowl.
- Shape spinach-cheese mixture into 1-1/2" balls(about 40), using about 1-1/2 tablespoons for each; roll in bread crumbs and place on cookie sheet.
- Fry 6 balls at a time 4-6 minutes, turning as necessary, until golden brown.
- With slotted spoon, remove balls from skillet; place on paper towels to drain.
- Cool 2 minutes before serving; serve with warm pasta sauce for dipping.