Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the winning recipe of this week in the Thursday magazine dated February 23rd-March 1st'2006. It was submitted by Brinda Shah. Enjoy!
- 5 -6 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3 tablespoons spring onions
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 8 -10 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour, paste
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chilli ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Soak the bread slices in water and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients listed under "for kofta".
- Mix thoroughly and shape into small balls(koftas).
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the koftas in it until brown on either side.
- Drain on clean kitchen paper towels and keep aside.
- Now, to prepare the gravy, heat butter in a pan.
- Toss in garlic ans saute until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-chilli paste.
- Saute for a minute.
- Stir in 2 glasses of water and bring to a boil.
- Add red chilli powder, soya sauce, sugar, vinegar and salt.
- Boil fr another 8 minutes.
- Stir in the cornflour paste and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the koftas to a serving platter.
- Pour the gravy over them.
- Garnish with grated cheddar cheese and corriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.