1 hr 10 mins
This is the winning recipe of this week in the Thursday magazine dated February 23rd-March 1st'2006. It was submitted by Brinda Shah. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3 tablespoons spring onions
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 1Soak the bread slices in water and mix well.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients listed under "for kofta".
- 3Mix thoroughly and shape into small balls(koftas).
- 4Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the koftas in it until brown on either side.
- 5Drain on clean kitchen paper towels and keep aside.
- 6Now, to prepare the gravy, heat butter in a pan.
- 7Toss in garlic ans saute until it turns golden brown.
- 8Add ginger-chilli paste.
- 9Saute for a minute.
- 10Stir in 2 glasses of water and bring to a boil.
- 11Add red chilli powder, soya sauce, sugar, vinegar and salt.
- 12Boil fr another 8 minutes.
- 13Stir in the cornflour paste and mix well for 2 minutes.
- 14Transfer the koftas to a serving platter.
- 15Pour the gravy over them.
- 16Garnish with grated cheddar cheese and corriander leaves.
- 17Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Corn Manchurian
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.5 mg
- Sodium 705.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g