1 hr 6 mins
Just the sauce alone from this recipe is so good! These are so easy to make no pre-cooking just mix, fill the wrapppers then roll and fry and no cooking the sauce either! This recipe should make about 14-15 spring rolls, I strongly suggest to double the recipe, these are very good! To save time prepare the filling up to a day in advance and refrigerate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle hot chile sauce with garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili paste
- 3/4 lb fresh shrimp (peeled, deveined and finely chopped)
- 1 large egg, lighty beaten
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional add in only if you like spicy)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, well drained and minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, well drained and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (can use a little more)
- 2 large green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (12 ounce) package spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for brushing
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1For the sweet chili sauce; in a glass bowl mix all ingredients until well blended and chill until ready to use.
- 2For the spring rolls;In a bowl stir together the chopped shrimp, 1 egg, ground pork, chestnuts, bamboo shoots, garlic, onions, ginger and soy sauce; mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place about 1 semi-heaping tablespoon down the center of each spring roll wrappper.
- 4Fold the top corner of the wrapper over the filling (tucking the tip of the corner under the filling).
- 5Fold the left and right corners over filling.
- 6Lightly brush the remaining corner with the remaining egg.
- 7Tightly roll the filled end toward remaining corner then press gently to seal.
- 8Repeat using all the mixture and spring roll wrappers.
- 9In a medium heavy saucepan, pour about 2-inches of oil inches.
- 10Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- 11Carefully drop a few spring rolls in at a time and fry until golden (about 6 minutes) turning to brown and cook on all sides (don't fry more than 5-6 spring rolls at a time).
- 12Place on paper towels to drain.
- 13Serve with prepared chilled sweet chili sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Rolls With Sweet Asian Chili Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2045 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 450.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chile sauce with garlic
rice wine vinegar