Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this recipe from a St. Louis Bar and Grill. My DH and his friends love it. I usually have to double the recipe.
- Combine milk and egg in a small bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Dip ravioli in milk mixture, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately with warm spaghetti or pizza sauce.
OMG!! My family and I made ourselves sick from eating too many of these. They tasted soooo good. I quadrupled the recipe because I have some big eaters in my family. I think my son-in-law had a single recipe all to himself. They are as described by other reviewers, crisp on the outside and soft and cheesy on the inside. We dipped in store-bought marinara sauce. Thanks Nurse Di for a great tasting and family-pleasing recipe.
I made these today for us to munch on instead of making a regular lunch. They are WONDERFUL!! Crisp on the outside and then you get to that soft, gooey, cheesy inside. We dunked them in my mom's homemade spaghetti sauce. Yeah baby!! The first time I had these appetizers was in a bar somewhere. I am glad that I can make them anytime we want. Thanks for this recipe.
Awesome, simply awesome!!! I doubled the recipe like you suggested with no problem. Very nice appetizers. Just like the other reviewer said, crunchy on the outside and soft and cheesy on the inside. We dipped in marinara. Yum Scrum!!! Thanks Nurse Di.