Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I caught the tail in of food network talking about fried oreo cookies being served at the fair so I went on line and found the recipe. I have not tried it yet but if you do let me know how you like it. I am going to try it when my grandson comes to visit me during spring break. As for the size of bag of cookie all it says was a large bag I did not know the correct size so I guessed
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Oreo cookies
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar (opp)
- 1 -2 cup oil
- preheat oil to 375.
- combine pancake mix,milk,eggs, and oil.
- mix until there is no lumps.
- dip oreos into batter and coat both sides.
- put in fryer and fry until golden. The cookies will cook fast so watch closely and turn them. Remove from grease and sprinkle with confectioner sugar if you want to. The directions say they are best eaten hot.
Had these 4th of july with my family and we loved them soooooo much plan on using this recipe again!!!!!
Had these tonight... I'd heard of them, but never had one before and thought it would be fun to make... I used "Instant Pancake Mix by Alton Brown" off this site, and cut the recipe down to 1/4, which made about 12 oreos... more than enough for us. Hubby and I think they are ok, but the 5 yo and the 18 mo think they are the best things ever made. Not an every day food, no matter what my son says (he's already asked that I make him more tomorrow), but it sure was fun to try. Thanks for sharing.
This is great and simple!! I have also done this with "Twinkies" with great results!