misslissa 121's Note:
After reading several other corn dog recipes on here I couldn't find one that was really what I was looking for and took what I had around the house. I went into experiment mode and this is what I came up with. They are very similar in taste to the state fair corn dogs that come in the box. I used ballpark all beef franks. My toddlers DEVOURED. I kept the recipe small, since it was an experiment.
My Private Note
mini co ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil to 375F.
- 2Get out 4 thawed hot dogs and lay on paper towels to dry.
- 3Combine all dry ingredients and blend well.
- 4Stir in Milk.
- 5Add just enough water so that it sticks well to the spoon without running off.
- 6Finish patting dry the hot dogs
- 7I cut my hot dogs into thirds and make bite size corn dogs.
- 8Take a paper sucker stick, put it into one side of the hot dog, dip it into the bowl of batter and spoon batter over to evenly coat.
- 9Put it into the deep fryer, using another stick to push it off of the other
- 10I suggest holding it up a little bit with the stick if you are using a deep fryer with a basket, this will allow the bottom to begin cooking before it gets caught in the basket.
- 11Fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- 12Prep time does not include the amount of time it takes individual deep fryers to heat up.
Browse Our Top Toddler-Friendly Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Toddler-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for State Fair Mini Corn Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 907.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g