Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After reading several other corn dog recipes on here I couldn't find one that was really what I was looking for and took what I had around the house. I went into experiment mode and this is what I came up with. They are very similar in taste to the state fair corn dogs that come in the box. I used ballpark all beef franks. My toddlers DEVOURED. I kept the recipe small, since it was an experiment.
- Heat oil to 375F.
- Get out 4 thawed hot dogs and lay on paper towels to dry.
- Combine all dry ingredients and blend well.
- Stir in Milk.
- Add just enough water so that it sticks well to the spoon without running off.
- Finish patting dry the hot dogs
- I cut my hot dogs into thirds and make bite size corn dogs.
- Take a paper sucker stick, put it into one side of the hot dog, dip it into the bowl of batter and spoon batter over to evenly coat.
- Put it into the deep fryer, using another stick to push it off of the other
- I suggest holding it up a little bit with the stick if you are using a deep fryer with a basket, this will allow the bottom to begin cooking before it gets caught in the basket.
- Fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Prep time does not include the amount of time it takes individual deep fryers to heat up.