A Kansas City restaurant called Stephenson's Apple Farm is known for these. This recipe is a clipping I had from a newspaper from who knows when. Could be their actual recipe or a very good copycat ! Custom yield is 1 batch. Please make any size your family prefers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place entire orange in blender and chop finely.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine milk, melted butter and egg, mixing slightly.
- 4Add apples, orange and vanilla.
- 5Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- 6Stir dry ingredients into milk mixture with a spoon until blended.
- 7Do not over mix !
- 8Preheat oil in fryer to 350 degrees.
- 9Drop batter off end of teaspoon into hot oil.
- 10Turn once for even browning.
- 11Cool slightly and roll in powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stephenson's Apple Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (1098 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2531.9
- Calories from Fat 575
- Total Fat 63.9 g
- Saturated Fat 36.9 g
- Cholesterol 367.6 mg
- Sodium 2414.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 433.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 127.1 g
- Protein 55.0 g