This chicken reminds me of sesame chicken from the local Chinese restaurant, only made with a sweet and sour sauce instead of sesame sauce. You may want to double the sauce for extra sauce for dipping or to put on rice.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips or chunks. (Chunks will make the chicken more saucy.).
- Beat egg and milk in a bowl big enough to dip chicken pieces.
- Mix cornstarch, salt, pepper, MSG, and/or any desired seasonings in a bowl to coat chicken.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture and coat with flour mixture.
- Deep fry chicken until breading is crisp. (Do not worry if insides are still pink.).
- Mix sauce ingredients in a medium-sized baking dish. (Double sauce ingredients if you want extra sauce for dipping.).
- Place chicken in baking dish with sauce and bake for about 45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- For dipping sauce, mix 2 teaspoons water and 2 teaspoons cornstarch and add to sauce. Heat in a saucepan, stirring, until sauce is thickened.