1/3 Photos of Sweet and Sour Chicken (or Pork)
I learned this recipe from my mom and I still love it! While it does take some time to make, the outcome is just as good as take-out! You will need a Fry Daddy or a frying pan with oil in order to fry the meat. Put enough oil in the frying pan so that the meat can float to the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 boneless pork chops (I usually guess on the amount I need depending on how many people will be eating)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1Frying the chicken (or pork): Cut up chicken (or pork) into small pieces.
- 2Mix breading ingredients (it will be runny).
- 3Dip each piece of meat into the breading then place into the oil until it turns brown.
- 4Make sure the meat has enough time to cook before removing it.
- 5Drain the fried chicken (or pork) and set aside, or place a cover over them to keep them warm.
- 6Sauce: Melt the margarine in a frying pan, and add the onion, green pepper and sliced carrots.
- 7I often add other peppers or snow peas as well.
- 8Once the veggies are cooked stir in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the pineapple.
- 9Cook until it boils and add cornstarch if it is too runny.
- 10Finally add the Pineapple for the last 5 min.
- 11of cooking time.
- 12Finally: Serve over rice if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Chicken (or Pork)
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.3
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1540.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 34.1 g