Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got the original recipe from Allrecipes.com. After and little of this and that was added I had a sweet and sour that made the whole family happy. It is oh so good.
- 1 lb pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, remove shell
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 egg whites
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 48 ounces vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bunches celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 medium green bell peppers, cut into1 inch pieces
- 3 onions, cut into wedges
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Place cubed pork, cubed chicken and shrimp in a large bowl, and season with salt, sugar, and soy sauce. Mix in the egg white and green onions. Cover, and place in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil to 365°F (185°C) in a large, heavy saucepan or deep fryer.
- Coat the pork with cornstarch, and fry in the heated oil about 10 minutes, until evenly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir in the celery, green bell pepper, and onion, and cook until tender. Season with salt and sugar. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, water, salt, sugar, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, and stir in the cooked pork mixture, celery mixture, and the pineapple chunks with juice. Return to boil, and mix in cornstarch and water to thicken. Cook until well blended.