Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Definantly different than the usual sweet potato chip. Serve these at your next party...they won't last long. Gourmet
- Stir lime zest together with salt in a small bowl.
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave as many long strips as possible from the potatoes.
- Heat 2 inches oil in a 3-4 quart wide heavy saucepan over moderately high heat until it registers 375 on thermometer.
- Fry potato strips in about 6 batches, stirring frequently, until chips are light brown and bubbling stops, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Transfer chips to paper towels to drain and sprinkle with lime salt.
- Return oil to 375 between batches.