My husband Call's these Palupa after me!!LOL They are yummy
Make and share this Taco Bell Chalupa copycat recipe from Food.com.
Taco Bell Chalupa bread Indian fry bread
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 cup milk
- oil (for deep frying)
Taco Bell Chalupa Supreme filling
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- oil, for deep-frying
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- diced tomato
- To make Indian Fry Bread Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening; then add milk.
- Shape dough into a long cylinder; cut into 8 equal parts.
- Flour hands, then work the pieces into 6" tortillas.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- To Make filling Mix dried onion with water in a small bowl and let stand for five minutes.
- Combine ground beef, flour, chili powder, paprika, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add onions and water.
- Mix again.
- In a skillet, cook beef mixture until browned.
- Stir often while cooking so no large chunks form; it should be more like a paste.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Build Chalupas starting with meat, then sour cream, lettuce cheese, and tomatoes in that order.
- Top with hot sauce or salsa if desired.