1/1 Photo of Taco Bell Chalupa copycat
My husband Call's these Palupa after me!!LOL They are yummy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Taco Bell Chalupa bread Indian fry bread
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 cup milk
- oil (for deep frying)
Taco Bell Chalupa Supreme filling
- 1To make Indian Fry Bread Mix dry ingredients together.
- 2Cut in shortening; then add milk.
- 3Shape dough into a long cylinder; cut into 8 equal parts.
- 4Flour hands, then work the pieces into 6" tortillas.
- 5Fry in oil until golden brown.
- 6To Make filling Mix dried onion with water in a small bowl and let stand for five minutes.
- 7Combine ground beef, flour, chili powder, paprika, and salt.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Add onions and water.
- 10Mix again.
- 11In a skillet, cook beef mixture until browned.
- 12Stir often while cooking so no large chunks form; it should be more like a paste.
- 13Remove from heat and keep warm.
- 14Build Chalupas starting with meat, then sour cream, lettuce cheese, and tomatoes in that order.
- 15Top with hot sauce or salsa if desired.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Bell Chalupa copycat
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 856.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 21.6 g