Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
From the "Femina" magazine. Its a memorable recipe, give it a shot, you wont be disappointed.
Make and share this Tandoori Murgh Pakora (Batter-fried chicken) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 kg boneless chicken breast, cut into 3 cm cubes
- oil (for deep frying)
For the marinade
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt, beaten till smooth
- 1 teaspoon ginger, with
- 1 teaspoon garlic, in a paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon mint paste
For the batter
- 100 g gram flour (besan)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchur)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (ajwain)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tandoori color powder (if yu dont get this, use red food colouring, I use Bush Company's red food colour here)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asafetida powder (hing)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- chat masala
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the chicken cubes.
- Mix well.
- Set aside for 2 hours.
- Mix all the ingredients for the batter in a bowl.
- Beat well.
- The batter should have a thick, but flowing consistency.
- Add the marinated chicken cubes to the batter.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Deep-fry the chicken in hot oil till crisp.
- Place the pakoras on a platter.
- Sprinkle with chaat masala and serve.