Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the Food column by Anjali Vellody of the Weekend magazine's issue dated June 17th'2004. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby corn
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sliced gingerroot, soaked in
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ghee
- oil, to deep fry, as required
- Deep fry baby corn in oil in a wok.
- Drain excess ghee on a clean kitchen paper towel. Keep the deep fried baby corns aside.
- Heat 3 tsps. ghee on a griddle.
- Add corriander and cumin seeds.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add green chilli, ginger and onions.
- Saute until golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder and tomato paste.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the deep fried baby corn.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with corriander leaves and ginger juliennes soaked in vinegar.
- Serve hot with rotis or naan or parathas.