This is from the Food column by Anjali Vellody of the Weekend magazine's issue dated June 17th'2004. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups baby corn
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sliced gingerroot, soaked in
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ghee
- oil, to deep fry, as required
- 1Deep fry baby corn in oil in a wok.
- 2Drain excess ghee on a clean kitchen paper towel. Keep the deep fried baby corns aside.
- 3Heat 3 tsps. ghee on a griddle.
- 4Add corriander and cumin seeds.
- 5Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- 6Add green chilli, ginger and onions.
- 7Saute until golden brown.
- 8Add red chilli powder and tomato paste.
- 9Saute for 5 minutes.
- 10Fold in the deep fried baby corn.
- 11Saute for 3 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat.
- 13Garnish with corriander leaves and ginger juliennes soaked in vinegar.
- 14Serve hot with rotis or naan or parathas.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tawa Makai (Corns Pan-Fried in Spices)
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.3
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 549.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried fenugreek leaves