1/1 Photo of Teri's Country Fried Steak
There are a million different ways to make this, but I found this recipe to be simple, quick, and I always have the ingredients on hand. The steak is tender and flavorful, and the gravy is downright addicting!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (6 ounce) cube steaks
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 quart vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt (We use Lawry's)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 tablespoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 cups milk
- 1Mix the egg and water for an egg wash.
- 2Add the seasonings to the flour and mix well.
- 3Reserve 3 or 4 Tablespoons of the seasoned flour to use in the gravy.
- 4Dip each steak into the seasoned flour, then dip into the egg wash, thent back into the seasoned flour, coating each steak well.
- 5Heat the vegetable oil to about 350 degrees F in a large skillet. Oil should be deep enough to cover the steaks.
- 6Fry the coated steaks until golden brown, then drain them on paper towels and put on a heated platter that is tented with foil.
- 7When all steaks are cooked, pour off all but 2 tbls of the oil and the drippings.
- 8Add 3-4 Tbls of the reserved seasoned flour.
- 9Mix well and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the oil and flour are golden brown.
- 10Remove from the heat and add the milk and chicken bouillon.
- 11Return to the heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the gravy thickens.
- 12Serve with mashed potatoes and a vegetable, with the gravy spooned over the steaks.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teri's Country Fried Steak
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1567.5
- Calories from Fat 1375
- Total Fat 152.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.1 mg
- Sodium 269.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: