Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook time does not reflect chilling time, which is an added 6+ hours.
Make and share this Tex Mex Egg Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 1⁄4 cup fresh avocado, mashed (about half of an avocado)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 dash pepper
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper (on both sides).
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the red pepper and onion and sauté for a few minutes, until tender.
- Cut the cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to the pepper and onion mixture.
- Add the corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, and salt.
- Cook 5- 10 minutes more, stirring frequently, until everything is heated throughout.
- Remove pan from heat and add the cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is mixed in well and melted.
- Wrap about ten eggroll wrappers in a moist paper towel and microwave on high temperature for about fifteen seconds.
- Spoon approximately two tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center.
- Roll it up like you would a burrito (ends in first, then around the middle), making sure its very tight.
- If desired, place a toothpick in it to hold, then arrange on a plate.
- Cover the plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- (or overnight).
- Make the dip by combining all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon into container and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat frying oil to 375 degrees.
- Deep fry the eggrolls in the hot oil for 2-5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place on a warm plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Slice each eggroll diagonally and serve with dipping sauce.
Made for Thanksgiving as an appetizer and it met with raves. I substituted cilantro for parsley for more flavor and removed all the seeds from the added jalapenos to keep the heat in check. Do pass on the dip as it is awful. Used salsa, con queso and guacamole for topping. Recommend, will definitely make again. Cooking time with a deep fryer was just a few minutes not 12-15 as noted. I kept egg rolls hot in the warming drawer of oven after cooking until needed.