1 hr 5 mins
Cook time does not reflect chilling time, which is an added 6+ hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 1Season chicken breast with salt and pepper (on both sides).
- 2Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done.
- 3In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil on medium-high heat.
- 4Add the red pepper and onion and sauté for a few minutes, until tender.
- 5Cut the cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to the pepper and onion mixture.
- 6Add the corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, and salt.
- 7Cook 5- 10 minutes more, stirring frequently, until everything is heated throughout.
- 8Remove pan from heat and add the cheese.
- 9Stir until the cheese is mixed in well and melted.
- 10Wrap about ten eggroll wrappers in a moist paper towel and microwave on high temperature for about fifteen seconds.
- 11Spoon approximately two tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center.
- 12Roll it up like you would a burrito (ends in first, then around the middle), making sure its very tight.
- 13If desired, place a toothpick in it to hold, then arrange on a plate.
- 14Cover the plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- 15(or overnight).
- 16Make the dip by combining all ingredients in a bowl.
- 17Spoon into container and refrigerate until needed.
- 18Preheat frying oil to 375 degrees.
- 19Deep fry the eggrolls in the hot oil for 2-5 minutes, until golden brown.
- 20Place on a warm plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- 21Slice each eggroll diagonally and serve with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex Mex Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (709 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.3 mg
- Sodium 436.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets