Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook time does not reflect chilling time, which is an added 6+ hours.
Make and share this Tex Mex Egg Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 1⁄4 cup fresh avocado, mashed (about half of an avocado)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 dash pepper
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper (on both sides).
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the red pepper and onion and sauté for a few minutes, until tender.
- Cut the cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to the pepper and onion mixture.
- Add the corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, and salt.
- Cook 5- 10 minutes more, stirring frequently, until everything is heated throughout.
- Remove pan from heat and add the cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is mixed in well and melted.
- Wrap about ten eggroll wrappers in a moist paper towel and microwave on high temperature for about fifteen seconds.
- Spoon approximately two tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center.
- Roll it up like you would a burrito (ends in first, then around the middle), making sure its very tight.
- If desired, place a toothpick in it to hold, then arrange on a plate.
- Cover the plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- (or overnight).
- Make the dip by combining all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon into container and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat frying oil to 375 degrees.
- Deep fry the eggrolls in the hot oil for 2-5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place on a warm plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Slice each eggroll diagonally and serve with dipping sauce.