Rhonda Scheurer's Note:
One of my grandma's german recipes. Our whole family called them "Those Deep Fried Things", in spite of my grandmother's best efforts to rename them to something like "meat pies", or whatever.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make dough per recipe- without baking powder.
- 2Mix beef, salt, pepper, onion and water in a bowl.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Roll dough out with rolling pin.
- 5Cut dough into rectangles, about 3" x 4".
- 6Into each dough rectangle, place a ball of meat mixture.
- 7Fold dough over and seal around edges with a plate to form a sealed"pocket".
- 8Heat lard over high-heat.
- 9Fry each"thing" in the lard until outside is starting to brown.
- 10Remove and drain on paper towel to absorb excess lard.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Those Deep Fried Things
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.3
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1239.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: