These Italian appetizers are crunchy and delicious dipped in a warm marinara sauce. They are very addictive! Make a bunch, you'll need to have a lot!
- Cook ravioli in boiling salted water until they float to the top; remove from water and drain.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat vegetable oil in fryer at least 2" deep to a temperature of 375 degrees.
- Dip ravioli in beaten egg, then cover in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in batches in hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle hot ravioli with parmesan cheese.
- Heat marinara sauce and set aside in serving bowl.
- Serve ravioli with dipping sauce.
Oh yea, these are good! DH and I have ordered these as an appetizer in our favorite Italian restaurant, and he commented that we could have just ordered 2 appetizers and salads and made dinner out of them, so tonight that's just what I did. We had these with a salad, and I am stuffed! Served them with roasted garlic marinara on the side for dipping, or in the case of DH, pouring on. Thanks for the recipe, Sue- we'll be using this a lot! :o)
These are excellent! I have made this recipe numerous times in the past and they disappear in the blink of an eye. Thanks for posting!
this sounds wonderful! I will try this very soon. I have tried something similar at one of our great New Orleans restaurants. They serve "fried" bowtie pasta with spinach and artichoke dip. It's awesome!